Baked Hasselback Potatoes
source: Chicho's Kitchen: Baked Hasselback PotatoesIf you're interested: Hasselback Potatoes (Hasselbackspotatis)
- 6 large red potatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 T of olive oil
- a pinch of smoked paprika
- 2 T grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Chopped chives for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425˚.
- Slice each potato at 1/8-inch intervals, without cutting through the potato. I found the easiest method was to slice the potato 2/3 of the way down, then turn my paring knife vertically and cut further into the core of the potato -- you develop a rhythm after a few cuts. The potato will fan out as it bakes.
- Combine olive oil, garlic, salt, smoked paprika and parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
- With the cut potatoes on a baking sheet, carefully insert pinches of this mixture in each cut of the potatoes.
- Drizzle the outsides of the potatoes with residual oil.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes.
- The inside should be cooked through and the outside of the potato should be brown and crispy.
- Garnish with additional parmesan and chives.