For the days where you're feeling sluggish, or as though you might be coming down with a cold, why not have fun when getting your vitamins? Also a fantastic fruit to experiment with during the sun-soaked days of summer, watermelon is a great source of several vitamins, including C, A, B6, thiamine, potassium and magnesium. This martini is light, fresh, and a great tribute to summer produce. Flintstones vitamins have nothing on this treat. Cheers!
Fresh Watermelon Martini
source: Mouthwatering Watermelon Martini
- 1 small seedless watermelon
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves
- Dry Vermouth
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Thinly sliced lime rounds.
- Cut melon in half and use a melon baller to scoop out the watermelon into a Ziploc baggie or freezer-safe container and freeze until watermelon pieces are frozen
- For each martini, add to a blender: 4-5 pieces of the watermelon, 1 fresh mint leaf, 1 1/2 oz of vodka, one ice cube.
- Coat glass with a thin layer of vermouth.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and pour into vermouth-coated glass.
- Garnish with a thin slice of lime and one mint leaf.