Royal Palm's Pine Nut Dressing
source: azcentral.com Recipes by Request
- 1/8 cup toasted almonds
- 1/8 cup toasted pine nuts (pinions) (other nuts/seeds can be substituted for your preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh tarragon
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 ounce egg yolk (slightly more than half a large egg yolk)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup canola oil (use all olive oil to make this paleo)
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a blender, combine nuts, lemon juice, dijon mustard, garlic, tarragon, parsley and egg yolk.
- Blend and slowly alternate adding the oil and vinegar to keep help achieve a velvety consistency.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Adjust consistency with water.